law Definition, Systems, Institutions, & Fields
For an analysis of the role of law in the administration of government, see administrative law. For an exposition of social restrictions and their enforcement, see censorship; crime and punishment; and police. For a description of the legal aspects of war and the military, see war, law of.
- Britannica is the ultimate student resource for key school subjects like history, government, literature, and more.
- The Center for Professional Development & Career Strategy offers unique programs and services tailored to the needs of individual students and alumni.
- You can have fast, secure access to your files and applications from anywhere without having to learn anything new or purchase upgraded hardware.
- In medieval England, the Norman conquest the law varied shire-to-shire, based on disparate tribal customs.
- Harvard Law School provides unparalleled opportunities to study law with extraordinary colleagues in a rigorous, vibrant, and collaborative environment.